We are seeking a full-time or .8 FTE passionate and dynamic educator to join our Needham Learning Center team. This position is primarily geared toward teaching K-8. The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in education or, preferably, special education and advanced training in Orton-Gillingham. Training through OGA is highly preferred. Experienced educators who are trained in the Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® (LiPS®) Program, the Nancibell® Visualizing and Verbalizing® Program, or Project Read: Framing Your Thoughts are also encouraged to apply. Teaching reading comprehension and/or written expression is a component of this position. Please browse our website for additional methodologies used at Commonwealth Learning Center.
• Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or special education.
• Preference will be given to candidates who hold a master’s degree in one of the above fields.
• Preference will be given to licensed educators.
• Candidates must have demonstrated experience teaching structured literacy.
• Apply a multisensory, diagnostic, prescriptive approach to customized 1:1 instruction.
• Create focused, data-informed lesson plans specific to individual student’s needs.
• Progress monitoring and reporting skills are required.
• A solid understanding of language-based learning disabilities is strongly desired.
• Familiarity with interpreting neuropsychological reports and IEPs is another plus.
All lessons are individually designed to meet the specific needs of each learner, and our 1:1 model is optimal for educators who seek the reward of watching their students make measurable gains and progress to their full potential. This position is ideal for an educator who has excellent rapport with students and who wants an opportunity to impact students and the community outside of a classroom setting. No classroom management. No lunch or recess duty. No homework. Experience working 1:1 with students is highly preferred.
Please note that although we are currently delivering some services virtually, we are seeking local applicants only as this position will be in-house at our Needham location. We offer a flexible schedule, professional development opportunities, and plenty of ongoing guidance and support. We seek candidates who value our mission and who thrive on teaching and learning.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please address how your skill set matches our needs. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, 403b, and a retirement plan.
Salary range: Up to $65,000 for full-time; salary and benefits prorated accordingly for .8FTE option.