Join Us For Our November Workshops
ADHD & Social Emotional Learning
Featuring Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., M.S.
Founder, ADHD Essentials
Wednesday, November 14 | 7-9pm
130 Sylvan Street, Danvers, MA
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) affects roughly 10% of kids in Massachusetts (as well as many adults!). This workshop will address ADHD across the board—beginning with the various types, and then moving into the role dopamine and executive functioning plays in the disorder. From there we’ll address the emotional impact of ADHD, and wrap up with some boots-on-the-ground management strategies.
Topics covered will include:
- How ADHD’s poorly phrased name promotes misunderstanding of the disorder
- The role of dopamine in the ADHD brain & how it helps us understand behaviors
- How executive function challenges impact those with ADHD, and what to do about it
- The importance skill building plays in the lives of those with ADHD
- The “Wall of Awful”: The Emotional Impact of ADHD
- Practical strategies for better managing ADHD at home and in school
Positively Talented: Speaking
to the Dyslexic Strengths
Featuring Christian Henry
Chief Program Officer of NoticeAbility
Thursday, November 29 | 7-9pm
220 Reservoir Street, Suite 6, Needham, MA
For students with dyslexia to be successful, learning to read is important—but it’s also not enough. How can we help students feel good about school and their abilities? Join educator and nonprofit leader Christian Henry as we explore the key roles that parents, caregivers, and teachers play in unlocking the potential of children with dyslexia. In this casual discussion, you’ll have the chance to reflect on building student self-esteem.
In this workshop we will:
- Share perspectives on barriers to students and how to overcome them
- Talk about career paths and advantages associated with the dyslexic profile, and map the pedagogical principles guiding the design of NoticeAbility’s classroom curriculum
- Discuss how parents play a critical role in student empowerment
Admission is FREE, but space is limited and first come, first served. Please RSVP at your earliest convenience using the buttons above. Light refreshments will be provided. We look forward to seeing you there!
Meet Parents, Share Ideas, Learn