Why Choose Us?
The Commonwealth Learning Center is a non-profit organization supported by the Stratford Foundation. As a result, our focus, first and foremost, is providing the best prescriptive academic services that we can offer. This, and CLC’s individualized, one-to-one instruction for the entire learning session, makes us unique and enables us to work successfully with your child to truly improve academic performance.
All programs are specifically tailored to individual learning styles. We work with students of all ages (K- adult) and in most subject areas.
Experienced, certified teachers, most with advanced degrees
Our teachers use well-researched multisensory methodologies, which better equip them to offer the support their students need.
Complimentary initial consultation
This consultation includes an assessment of any existing testing reports to provide an appropriate, informed diagnosis of any learning difficulty with an accurate prescription designed to address the learner’s needs.
Comprehensive psychological, educational, and speech and language evaluations
Based on these evaluations, we prepare a thorough, prescriptive testing report that identifies the root of the specific learning difficulty and the programs that are appropriate for remediation. This allows us to address your child’s learning issues directly, correctly, and efficiently, minimizing the risk of wasted time and effort.
Test preparation programs provided in a one-to-one teaching format
In this way, we are able to take into account each individual’s academic skill level and learning style. The programs teach content and test taking strategies by focusing on the student’s weak areas.
Two convenient locations in Danvers and Needham
- Caring, comfortable environment
- Individual work areas to eliminate distractions
- Computers available for supplemental instruction
- Well-equipped and attractive facilities with ample parking
How CLC Can Help
CLC can help your child develop necessary early literacy skills by working one-to-one on:
- Phonemic awareness skills
- Letter and number recognition and formation
- Letter sounds, blending, segmenting
- Rhyming and syllable awareness skills
- Sight word recognition
- Number skills
CLC can help your child master reading, writing, and math skills necessary for accessing their school curriculum.
- Phonemic awareness, phonics, and reading fluency
- Reading comprehension
- Spelling rules and patterns
- Grammar, paragraph development
- Note-taking skills
- Math skills and application to problem solving
MIDDLE SCHOOL and HIGH SCHOOL Students
CLC can help your child with the transition to middle or high school.
- Reading fluency and comprehension
- Organization, time management
- Essay writing
- Math support
- Executive function difficulties
- Standardized test taking for private school admission: ISEE, SSAT, HSPT, PSAT/SAT and ACT preparation
- MCAS strategies
CLC can help adults with:
- Academic support for college coursework
- Improving basic skills in reading, writing, or math
- GED exam preparation
The Commonwealth Learning Center provides a nurturing learning environment through one-to-one, individualized instruction. This helps students with dyslexia, ADHD, and other learning differences to develop their academic talents and improve school performance. Too often, students don’t receive instruction with the appropriate approach and they fall behind. Early intervention is the most effective. If your child is having difficulties in school, take the first step and contact us today.